Thursday, December 1, 2016

A little less thinking and a lot more action please

To the tune of Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation"

My new motto is:

Simply do it.

Whatever it is, just stop thinking about it and 'get r done'.

I spend far too much time thinking about everything, researching, searching, wondering, looking for the correct way or ideas or whatever. Usually until I am overwhelmed and then i'm in analysis paralysis.

STOP!

I make 'it' difficult. I make 'it' complicated. I make 'it' inconvenient.

'It' being mostly what I don't feel like doing or don't know if I want to do it or, shit, anything.

Where did I get this deeply ingrained belief that if anything is difficult, I don't want to do it? Or if there is a chance I won't do it perfectly (correctly) then I shouldn't even try?

I know I've said this before; I need therapy.

For now, I'm going to get off my ass and DO SOMETHING.

No comments: