Monday, May 18, 2009

Short timers syndrome

Short timer - That bastard co-worker who found a better job and no longer gives a shit about shit.
From The Urban Dictionary http://short-timer.urbanup.com/383552

I am leaving. In two weeks I will be starting a new job four minutes from home. FOUR MINUTES. My current commute is 30 to 60 minutes depending on traffic AND I have to leave by 6:15 am to avoid that traffic. If I end up working overtime (far too often), then I get to sit in the traffic going home that I came to work at the ass crack of dawn to avoid.

Oh and I will be getting a fairly decent pay increase, little or no overtime which is good because it will be salary (instead of hourly), less stress, smaller office, more variety...what I'm really looking forward to is the energy and time to get back to school. Oh and did I mention, the FOUR MINUTE commute? My car won't even have time to warm up. I could actually walk if I get my butt in gear.

I'm going to miss some of these people, a lot. Others, not so much. Everyone here is sad that I'm leaving (amazing how people express their appreciation and love for you when you tell them you are outta here) yet happy for me and so green with envy they can barely contain themselves.

Now, I just have to hang in here for two weeks and I all I want to do is flee. Bored and tired is not working for me. I was good and gave two and a half weeks notice, now I'm wishing I would have given myself a few days off. Why do I do this crap to myself?

The upside to the boredom here, I can post more! Meanwhile, off to compare the Canon 30D and 40D. My question of the day, in addition to "What's for lunch?"...Is it worth it to try to sell my 30D on eBay and buy a 40D from a friend of mine?

No comments: