Monday, August 17, 2009

Fat fun in the sun

Hubbs and I spent the weekend away with all the kids and we all actually had a lot of fun. Why am I surprised? Because I have a husband, three kids and a grandson that have completely different personalities. They all have opinions, they all crash and burn at different times and getting them to make a unanimous decision is almost impossible. Of course when Hubbs and I are paying for everything they are all not only willing, they tend to go with the flow more than they normally would. Saturday was just fun, fun, fun. Sunday we were all tired, couldn’t make up our minds and then by 3 pm we had had enough of the togetherness. Time to go home.

I am the one who has to learn not wear their crap. I can let myself get into quite a funk if I let their moods get under my skin. I did really good. I only had one beer and one glass of wine all weekend. Normally these people drive me to drink a lot and EAT. I did eat but I didn’t stuff myself as usual. No, I did not read my new book or ever write until we got home. This weekend was about family and fun. I was conscious of how I was feeling for the most part so I wasn’t easting (or drinking) emotionally. AND I walked. A LOT. So I would say I was plenty active.

I did discover some things about myself; I am afraid I will get too hungry and then eat out of control. Like just now, a little hunger twinge and I’m looking for a snack. I do have blood sugar issues so this is an area I need to fine tune. I feel the need to eat whatever everyone else is eating; social drinker AND eater. Ugh. I almost didn’t fit on a couple of rides at the amusement park this weekend. Double UGH. And that little statement makes me sick to my stomach. Then, I saw the pictures Duchess took this weekend (that she posted on Facebook!) and OH MY GOD! What the hell was I thinking. Shame shame shame. I have been and still am in major denial. OBVIOUSLY I need to focus on my eating and activity. DUH. Not focusing on what the hell I’m doing to my body has gotten me here. BIG FAT ASS COW here. I’m seriously thinking I need to print up one of those pictures and keep it with me so whenever I want to eat something I know I should pass on, I can look at it and then go throw up instead. If for no other reason than to get over my denial.

I know what I NEED to do. Now I just need to do it.

No comments: