Friday, August 28, 2009

Why I don't like wearing my hair up and...Where was I?

Let’s see here; I started to read that book. What was the name of it? Oh yeah, The Beck Diet. I lost interest when I was given tasks to do the first day. Simple ones really but clearly too much for me to handle. I think it was the part about picking a diet plan. If I could follow a fucking diet plan, I wouldn’t be in this predicament for the last 15 years. Wait, it’s been over 17. SEVENTEEN YEARS! WTF?!! OMG! Well GEEZUS if that isn’t another damn reason I need to get rid of this body armor I carry. My son, who is 17, will graduate next June. Last one of my babies and I want to be okay with my picture being taken with him. I want my head to be the right size for my body. I know, what the hell? I have walked with Hubs for the last four nights and in my shadow I see this large person with too small head. I need to fix this NOW. So by June, before June I want to see my shadow and say to myself “Self, your body and head belong together.”

I’m shaking my head here because when I started to write this I wasn’t sure about what. Then I was going to write about how I didn’t keep reading that book, how I’m looking at another (when I say looking, I mean ‘looking’ because I have the book, have had it for two years, even started reading it back when I bought but for the last several days have not had the time to even start it, again), how I started tracking my food and (lack) of exercise on my iPhone via two Apps to decide which was better, then kind of stopped doing that AND how I have really cut back on sugar and portions, without tracking and the supplements I’m taking are finally, FINALLY helping me. I am in the middle of the lightest “monthly gift” EVER. Yet, somehow, I get sidetracked. Yes, I’m still working on balancing my hormones. This may take a while.

2 comments:

Fran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fran said...

Oh, the new book, the one I haven't started reading, again: The Four Day Win by Martha Beck. What is it with the Beck thing? These two authors are not related. I don't think.

I removed my comment above (or is it below) because it needed a comma. OMG - I'm commenting to myself. Mabye I should go back to drinking.