Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Moving my ASS

Today I read about meditating, which, believe it or not, actually helps me. Then I took a twenty minute walk after I drank my green smoothie. Then I started watching a video about becoming a functional human being - body wise. Had to pause to go to a Doctors appointment for a physical. All is well. Blood pressure is good, gave some blood (for tests) and got a referral for an EKG. Gotta check on my ticker due to palpitations. Probably just hormonal but who knows. Next up, whenever they call to schedule, a colonoscopy. Oh, yay.  Then I went to the Walmart - always an interesting trip here in Northern California.

Came back home, ate a couple of hand fulls of vegetables, some cheese, some salami, some rice crackers and hummus and watched the rest of the video.

Holy hell! I always think I need to move, I need to get my neglected body in shape and I feel like I would have to just focus on that and nothing else before I could move on to the other things I want to do. I end up procrastinating and not doing anything. I just need to stand up, walk, move, and move some more. Always.

So yes, today my focus is physical vs bat shit crazy mental. Which actually should be every day. Did you know, we should all be able to squat? We should also be comfortable sitting on the floor with our legs crossed, like the lotus position. As you probably guessed, I can't do any of those things and that is oh so wrong. I really want to squat without pain and weakness. I would also like to get up off the floor in that same manner. What the fuck?!! How did this happen? Oh yeah, a desk job for fifteen years didn't help. And here I am sitting at my desk. HA! Well this shit is going to change.

Yes, I know, baby steps. I'm the queen of going full blast in to something and then crashing and burning because I did too much. Kind of like this blogging thing. How many times have i quit because I just couldn't keep up? No need to answer.

Okay, been sitting here long enough. Time to get up and do something. NO, I'm not going to go take a nap. Not going to take a nap. Not going to take a nap.....


No comments: