Thursday, November 3, 2016

Took me forever to get back on here

Okay, it didn't really take me take over five months (five months!!) to get back on here. It took me the better part of an hour today though.

The reasons for my absence are the usual: short attention span, travel, family events, starting a class at the local community college, exhaustion, no follow-through, new grandson... Oh, and life.

Then I came across Seth Godin, again. So here I am. I must do this most days because I really do want to write.

First off I am depleted today and focusing on any task is proving to be extremely difficult. I'm trying like hell to kick my butt into gear here. Getting enough sleep is apparently not in the cards for me this week.

Current dilemma: this class I'm taking has taken a back seat to caring for my newest grandchild three days a week. When I started the class, I had those three days to get the work done along with all the other things I needed to do. Well now not only am I missing that time, I'm worn out. To be fair, this week has been the hardest due to 04:30 wake up times. But still, I keep thinking I just need to drop the class.  Yes I want to learn the topic and I like what little feed back I'm getting. I just can't help thinking, not only could I learn this on-line for free at a pace I can deal with, I'm not sure I want keep expending what little energy/stamina I have on something I more than likely won't be using all that much of. And, is a classroom atmosphere really where I should be? Always so much to think about. Ugh.

Really, when it comes down to it, what is the most important thing to me? Bonding with my grandson. Duh!




No comments: