Wednesday, August 6, 2008

About ME!

I'm new at this blogging thing and I'm just going to go for it here so hang on.

I'm a tall (trust me it will come up for one reason or another) forty-something wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother (!), daughter, sister, friend, (not necessarily in that order and yes it's all important to me), living in Northern California (most of my life). I'm currently working full time at I job that pays the bills but does nothing for my creativity that I know is there/here somewhere screaming to be expressed. I commute thirty minutes to an hour each way, five days a week. I mention this because it sucks the life and energy out of me (except when I'm singing to XM radio), but enough of that for now.

I am an amateur photographer but you probably won't see my photos here because I'm a BIG chicken. I love all kinds of music (singing in the car at the top of my lungs brings me great joy). I love all kinds of movies. I don't have enough time to watch many but this is probably a good thing because I tend to get so sucked into the plots that I want to stay there and then have a hard time facing reality. Unless it's a depressing or scary movie; then I'm just traumatized. I love to read anything and everything and have a serious addiction to books, journals and camera equipment. I would rather be reading, writing or shooting all day, everyday.

While slaving for an ever expanding (translate; EXPLODING) 'Company' (not gonna do it, not gonna name or even allude to the type of company. I'm not ready to get fired - yet), I decided to start a blog in part because I needed a distraction from the daily monotonous, sometimes tear inducing mind sucking tedium of what amounts to data entry for a "great" company (with really great people). Said company had recently, secretly, changed their employee motto to "Bend over and take it in the ass" when it came to the customers requests and demands. But I mainly started blogging because I love to write, if only to amuse myself and not get any of my work done. Or cook, or do laundry or clean the house. I'm sure you get the idea. To be honest here, I may not have even thought about blogging if it wasn't for my job where I sit at a computer all day and surf while waiting for things to process or stuff to happen. Lately I have been reading a lot of funny blogs (I WILL add links) and trying not to laugh too loud from my cell...er, I mean cube.

I'd like to use this blog to get a handle on all the stuff that is constantly going on in my head. I want to get it all organized or at the least translated so humans can understand me. My sister and I refer to this chatter in our heads as The Committee. No we are not bipolar or schizo, I don't think. Unless we are PMSing then people need to just stay away, far away.

This is it for now because this is taking me too long to draft and I want to get something posted. I'll revise as I see fit.

Thank you for reading!

No comments: