Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Work travel

Our department is going on a "retreat" or training trip or team building trip, whatever the hell they are calling it this time, to our Nevada offices. Originally I wasn't going to go due family obligations. Well those particular obligations have been rescheduled. So, now my friend (in the department) really wants me to go. I just don't want to. I have been there four times and I just don't like it there. Then I'm listening to two of my team members who are going try to figure out how to set up their travel arrangements and I'm reminded of one reason I don't want to go: they would follow me around like puppies. I realize this is not nice but they are older and timid and they look to me to help them. Now, I don't mind this so much but they (one in particular) are too needy and I would be their guide so to speak the whole time. They order whatever I order when we got to restaurants or order take out.

Our sups want us to stay the night Thursday night and we wouldn't get back until late Friday. Yes they provide very nice accommodations and feed us but I'm always sad when I'm away - especially there. I feel I put in enough time here and away from my family that I don't want to do any more. And this is my own opinion. I used to do shit just because my hubby would give me so much grief if he didn't want me doing it not knowing if it was really because I wanted to or not. This time, I know I don't want to go. I know I'll miss something but the cons out way the pros right now. It's for work and at this very moment I'm hating this place.

No comments: