Friday, September 12, 2008

Injustice or hard lesson learned?

Text message sent from my husband to our son;

Gas to drive to Aggressive Offender class - $5.00
Tuition for Aggressive Offender class - $30.00
Getting the phone number for the hot girl also attending the class - priceless

Now if this isn't white trash, I don't know what is.

The back story: Last June my gentle giant son got assaulted at school - jumped from behind for allegedly calling someone a name. He never got a punch in, ended up with a concussion AND the administration took two hours to contact my husband regarding his need for medical attention. I, meanwhile, was on the east coast visiting my daughter and new grandson. Talk about losing my mind! ANYway; my son received a citation, was required to do four hours of community service and attend an Aggressive Offender class - the same damn punishment as the perps and his little friend with the mouth who actually started the whole thing! Tell me, how is my son an Aggressor here? And try explaining the justice to a sixteen year old who wants revenge. We managed and he decided (after many discussions and roller coaster emotions) to make it a learning experience (old soul that he is). He actually ended up liking the class so much he would like to teach it some day! He also decided he is done hanging around with foul mouthed little punks who are probably just using him for his height and his truck.

No comments: