Monday, September 8, 2008

Marvelous Monday

If I say it's marvelous it will be, right?

I'm waiting for the work to come crashing down the line here. Can't believe my inbox isn't already crammed. Of course I get in before 7 am and most of these losers saunter in after 9. And then they (some of them) have the nerve to say "Oh, leaving early?" when I'm trying to escape at 3:30 or 4. It's hard not to snap back at them or worse (better) punch them in the face. My my, don’t know where that rage is coming from. Maybe it’s just another manic Monday. Okay, I’ll stop.

Oh yeah, it will be marvelous because I'm getting my very own dirt bike today! Why I am excited, I'm not quite sure. Part of me thinks as a 46 year old grandmother, with not enough time to spend on her photography already and who is not in the best of physical shape (OMG is that the understatement of the century!), who needs to plan some trips to other states to see relatives including her grandson, does not have time (nor the desire) to clean her house (but would love to have someone do it for me – any takers?), has no business getting, let alone riding a dirt bike. Not to mention – WE HAVE TOO MUCH CRAP ALEADY. But that is a whole other day of ranting. Then I think oh HELL YEAH; I want to ride! Still have to learn how, hope I don't crash though I'm sure I will at some point and it will hurt. And then there is Hubby and the kids, they REALLY want me to ride with them. How can I resist that? Precious time with the teenage son and second daughter (before she moves far away from me in November!).

I just have this vision of BIG tall mamma on a poor little dirt bike and it is not pretty.

SO, this is one reason I wore my pants that are too tight when I sit down, today. Wait, most of my jeans are like that right now. Anyway, I’m hoping that as I sit here, uncomfortable in my britches that I will think twice before I shove food (candy, cookies, you name it – this place is a smorgasbord of crap everyday, all day) in my face. Maybe I’ll even go for a walk if only to relieve my gut from my waistband strangulation.

No comments: