Friday, September 5, 2008

Letting it all hang out, right here!

Okay maybe not 'all' but for sure, enough of it.

Hubby and I were discussing Sarah Palin last night. I like to play the devils advocate so of course we are almost arguing when he says neither of us know enough about any of all this to be discussing it let alone get all worked up about it. I agreed but it all fascinates me. For now. I'll get bored or really too busy to be able to keep up on it all, just like I did during the primaries, and then I'm done.

I do need to just shut up and listen to people who have a clue. Every time I try to talk politics I feel like an idiot after. I'm ashamed that my twenty-five year old future son-in-law knows more about politics than I ever have. I don't agree with some (most) of his views but still, he knows more than I do about the candidates, government, etc. Of course he studied Political Science for a bit while in college. He is also very articulate and me, I get tripped up on just remembering the right words at times. On the flip side, I feel like an ignoramus when people are talking politics and I don't voice an opinion either way because I'm afraid of peoples reaction to my (uninformed) opinion.

I'm so fucking wishy washy.

I want to grow a spine and decide for myself, what I want in a leader (or just what I want in life). I know I am not happy with the shape the country is in (who is?), I have a son-in-law that is about to be deployed, again, so I want that bullshit over with now. That is the biggest thing on MY agenda. It is so time for a change and putting another Republican in office just doesn't feel right.

Global warming; yesterday I was blown away that people don't believe there is such a thing. Today, I remember I didn't believe in it either at first and now I'm thinking maybe it is cyclical. See what I mean? I'm all over the map, all the time. I do believe we need to stop our dependence on oil, period, not just foreign. Drilling in Alaska is not the answer and neither is Corn.

I have an extremely strong willed, opinionated mother who impressed and scared me at the same time growing up. Though, as I've gotten older I see some of that as an insecurity thing on her part. She actually got angry with my daughter, was almost yelling at her while discussing politics and made her cry. My daughter was nineteen at the time and I remember thinking for the first time ever, I wanted that woman to leave my house right then. Staunch Republican senior citizen vs Free Spirited Independent bleeding heart teenager. This is what I remember growing up with - being told or getting the feeling that my opinions were bad or wrong or stupid and people won't like or love me, specifically Mom. Dad died when I was five so, poor woman, all the blame/credit goes to her. Way past time for me to get over it and grow up.

I do worry that because Hubby and I are so "uneducated" when it comes to this election that we will follow other peoples choices - like fucking sheep and I hate it when people do that shit.

And then there are these politicians, the government, the media - aren't they really all in bed together? So to speak. They are going to say what we want to hear. And can we really trust any of them?

I really don't have time for this anyway. I haven't been using my time wisely and I have way too much crap to do. Like work, a computer to reformat, photos to edit, oh and I still need to file my 2007 taxes! Darn and I was going to clean the house. HA.

And I'm spent.

No comments: